[ Home > Ground Bar Installation Procedures ]
|Ground Bar Installation Procedures|
1. Remove contents from box and verify all components including hardware are included.
2. Series SCGB-1KT through SCGB-13KT,
SCGBM250412-KT through SCGBM250424-KT, and
SCGBN250412-KT through SCGBN250424-KT
should include 1 bus bar, 2 insulators, 2 brackets, 4 bolts, and 4 lock washers.
Series SCGB-16KT through SCGB-20KT,
should include 1 bus bar, 3 insulators, 3 brackets, 6 bolts, and 6 lock washers.
3. Using the supplied bolts and lock washers fasten the insulators to the brackets. See Fig. 1 below
4. Using the remaining bolts and lock washers fasten the bus bar to the insulators making sure the UL label is visible. See Fig. 1 below.
5. Torque all bolts to required specification according to bolt size and grade, making sure the brackets are square to the bus bar. For kits using insulators with 3/8-16 inserts, torque not to exceed 30 ft.lbs. For kits using insulators with 5/8-11 inserts, torque not to exceed 42 ft.lbs. See assembled kit, Fig. 2 below.
6. Place assembly in desired location and mark the mounting hole center point locations.
7. Remove assembly and drill mounting holes using correct bit for the surface type ( not supplied with kit ).
8. Mount assembly with correct fasteners for the surface type (not supplied with kit ).
9. Ground the bus bar in compliance with NEC and local electrical codes.
For instructions in a pdf format please click here.